Annotated Performer’s Editions
A series of editions of standard organ repertoire especially edited for new organists and organ students. Each volume contains (1) a short biography of the composer and history of the work; (2) where possible, a likeness and an autograph of the composer; (3) a new engraving of the work based on the original source; (4) historical information on how the work was performed by the composer and the organists of his/her time; and (5) historically appropriate suggestions of fingerings and, where applicable, registrations.
We supply the research so you can focus on making music!
Annotated Performer’s Series – Must-Haves for Every Student
No. 2, Léon Boëllmann: Suite Gothique (WL600072)
- Edited by Rollin Smith
- Nine page preface with pictures
- Fingering and pedaling in the score
- Interpretive and critical notes
No. 6, Girolamo Frescobaldi: Fiori musicali (WL500016)
- Edited by Calvert Johnson
- 58-page preface with pictures
- Based on 1635 print and ornamented version from German organ tablature
- Two versions are given in parallel for ease of comparison